ICYMI: Week of April 22 – Student Council’s Field Night, 2024-2025 SADD leaders and the impact of farmers markets

Warrior Weekly: Fall sports

width=
This week, Harry talks about some of the fall sports teams and the latest news in professional sports.
[/caption]

“There was not much offense, and they even switched their QB halfway through the game. The Warriors will have to improve in this area when they play next week against Norwood.”

I made that statement in my blog two weeks ago. I called them out and the football team answered. I was not optimistic about the offense of our team this year, but they have proven me wrong.

In their last two games, they have scored 68 total points. They scored 35 in a win against Norwood and then 33 in a win against rival Weston.

But it has been more than just the offense that has been impressive. The defense has also stopped teams from scoring. In that same two week span, only 20 points were given up by the defense. These are very impressive numbers.

This week, we will see how good the Warriors can be. They play LS at home this Friday night.

Also, remember my cross country player to watch? Well Sarah Tully won the Girls’ Freshman Division II race in Wrentham on Saturday. She placed first out of 147 runners and beat the second place runner by 30 seconds. Congratulations, Sarah!

Boys’ soccer had a nice five game winning streak before losing 1-0 in the Kicks for Cancer game this weekend. Kicks for Cancer is a charity event that happens every fall at Concord-Carlisle High School.

The best part about the event is the shirts that each team member wears. The shirts do not have the town’s name on them or the player’s name on the back. On the back of each shirt is a name of someone who has been affected by cancer that the player knows. It adds a real personal aspect to a high school soccer game.

This year’s event was held in memory of Bridget Spence, the wife of Concord-Carlisle English teacher Alex Spence. Bridget died this past year at the age of 29. All of the proceeds were donated towards research for cancer in young women.

In professional news:

Fear. The. Beard. The Red Sox are going all the way this year. Who can stop them? They have the best record in the MLB this year. They aren’t slowing down anytime soon.

4-0 for the Patriots, and that’s without Gronk. Nobody saw this coming. Unfortunately, Vince Wilfork will be out for the year. That is a huge loss for this team.

Congratulations to Mariano Rivera, Andy Pettitte, Todd Helton and Paul Konerko on great careers. I will see you all at the Hall of Fame in five years.

“I think I squeezed every ounce of fuel that I have in my tank. It’s empty. I have nothing left. I gave everything that I had.”

-Mariano Rivera