• Wrestling wins quad meet against Keefe Tech, Lexington and Holliston on Saturday 12/8

• BREAKING: School Committee votes for 8:35 a.m. to 3:10 p.m. WHS schedule, shorter Wednesdays to remain

• Second vote for WHS Athletic Complex Renovation project postponed from November to April

ICYMI: Week of September 17

ICYMI: Week of September 17

In the weekly series, “In Case You Missed It,” News editor Kevin Wang summarizes stories from the past week with links to the corresponding WSPN article.

Credit: Nat Hsu

Credit: Nat Hsu

Credit: Nat Hsu

Kevin Wang

In the weekly series, “In Case You Missed It,” WSPN’s news editor Kevin Wang summarizes stories from the past week with links to the corresponding WSPN article.

News:
Editor Kevin Wang looked into the implementation of the administration’s four new food policies at WHS. They include the mandate to clean your desk with a Clorox wipe after eating, which 59 percent of students support, and the mandate to only share individually wrapped, pre-packaged snacks at school, which nine percent of students support.

Reporter Caterina Tomassini sat down with nine Student Council representative candidates before the elections on Sept. 20 to learn a little more about who they are and why they ran. Students of each grade voted for two candidates to represent their class, and the results are to be released soon.

Features:
WSPN’s Nicole Erdekian and Christos Belibasakis detailed the Student Council’s changes and plans for the year. A key reform involved moving Student Council meetings to advisory. This is one of the first times an extracurricular activity has been allowed to meet during school time.

“Student Council is totally revamped this year,” Student Council Vice President Gage Fuller said.

Sports:

Reporter Remmi Shaw snapped 29 photos of the boys’ soccer team’s 3-0 victory over Waltham.  Last year, the team finished with an 11-2-5 regular season record and a 1-1 tournament record.

A&E:

Editor Christina Taxiarchis shed light on junior Ryan Dowling’s recent success in the music industry. Going by “RYANVIII,” Dowling has accumulated 1600 SoundCloud followers and has worked with numerous local artists and WHS alumni. Dowling just released a new single titled “Pacific” on Sept. 20.

“The way I’ve always looked at music is [that it’s] something that heals, [which] is where I want my sound to go,” Dowling said.

Kevin Wang, News Editor and Copy Editor

Kevin Wang, Class of 2020, is the news section editor and a copy editor for WSPN. This is his third year on the staff. He is secretary of the Class of...